Interactive Ontario’s Recent Wins
- Receiving clarification from the Ontario Government on the eligibility of remote work under the OIDMTC in the 2022 Ontario Budget
- Announcing a Benchmarking Study on Ontario’s Creative Technology Labour Market
- Lowering the labour threshold for annual filing to the Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit (OIDMTC) from $1M to $500K.
- Reducing the OIDMTC queue — now at about 20 weeks — and accelerating processing time.
- Getting a commitment from the Ontario government to keep the OIDMTC stable.
- Getting a commitment from the Ontario government – 2021 Fall Economic Statement – that they will continue to work with us to attract more investment and create jobs in Ontario.
- Providing recommendations contributing to improvements of the Ontario Creates Interactive Digital Media Fund (IDM Fund) and the Canada Media Fund (CMF) programs.
- Instigating the creation of the Phase 2 CMF COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for the IDM industry.
- Significantly raising awareness of our industry at all levels of governments, and now also in the general public and media with The Lodgge (www.thelodgge.com).
Interactive Ontario Releases First Ever Province-Wide Report on Ontario’s Creative Tech Labour Market
(Toronto, May 25, 2023) - Ontario’s creative technology sector is a core contributor to the province’s booming digital economy. With a vibrant mix of major global players as well as successful indie studios, Ontario has over 400 creative technology [...]
Red Tape Reduction – Interactive Ontario Recommendation
(February 10, 2023) - Canada’s interactive digital media (IDM) industry is a powerhouse in the world. Seven of the ten provinces (soon to be eight, with the addition of Alberta) offer competitive incentives to attract and support this growing [...]
2023 Budget Consultations – Interactive Ontario Recommendation
(February 10, 2022 – Toronto, Ontario) – Canada’s interactive digital media (IDM) industry is a powerhouse in the world. Seven of the ten provinces (soon to be eight, with the addition of Alberta) offer competitive incentives to attract and [...]
Interactive Ontario’s Recommendations to the Canada Media Fund (CMF) for Fiscal 2023-2024
(January 12, 2022 – Toronto, Ontario) – Interactive Ontario is the trade association representing the Interactive Digital Media (IDM) sector in Ontario. The latter is composed of over 400 producers of video games, immersive (XR) experiences, and interactive entertainment/edutainment [...]
Announcing a Benchmarking Study on Ontario’s Creative Technology Labour Market
(May 3, 2022 – Toronto, Ontario) – Interactive Ontario is excited to announce it will conduct a Benchmarking Study on Ontario's Creative Technology Labour Market, in collaboration with its partners, the City of Toronto and the Information and Communications [...]
Ontario Budget 2022 – Remote Work Eligibility Under the OIDMTC
Interactive Ontario Applauds the Ontario Government for Clarifying the Eligibility of Remote Work Under the OIDMTC in the 2022 Ontario Budget (April 29, 2022 - Toronto, Ontario) – Interactive Ontario applauds the Ontario government for clarifying the treatment of [...]
Eligibility of Remote Work Under the OIDMTC
The Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit (OIDMTC) is not adapted to remote work. So much so that our provincial and federal governments had to make an exception to allow it during the pandemic. Our governments are well aware [...]
Ontario Announces a New Video Game and Esports Scholarship
Interactive Ontario applauds the Ontario government for its new scholarship program that will offer financial assistance to students enrolled in programs related to game design, development, marketing, and innovation industry that may lead to a career in similar fields. [...]
Roadmap to Economic Success: The Video Game and Interactive Digital Media (IDM) industry in Ontario
A key contributor to the economic recovery of the Province Interactive Ontario (IO)’s Roadmap to Economic Success maps out the actions that will lead the Province to economic prosperity in the video game and interactive digital media [...]
Interactive Ontario is Looking Forward to Working Alongside the Government of Ontario to Create High-Paying Jobs in the Province.
(November 5th, 2021 - Toronto, Ontario) Yesterday, Minister of Finance Peter Bethlenfalvy delivered the government’s fall economic statement and released its 2021 Ontario Economic Outlook and Fiscal Review. Interactive Ontario is very pleased to see that the Ontario government is [...]
Interactive Ontario Announces the Appointment of New Board Members 2021
Interactive Ontario, the Provincial trade association that advocates on behalf of the Video Game/Interactive Digital Media Industry at all levels of government, announced today the appointment of three new members to the association’s board of directors, effective September 29th, 2021.
Interactive Ontario Seeks to Foster Black Excellence in Video Game Industry with Launch of Career Fair
Toronto, Ontario - Interactive Ontario launched ipprenticeship: Career Fair for Emerging Black Professionals and Students, in collaboration with Ubisoft Toronto and with the support of Ontario’s Black Youth Action Plan. This inaugural Career Fair was held on February 25 and [...]