Interactive Ontario’s Recent Wins
- Receiving clarification from the Ontario Government on the eligibility of remote work under the OIDMTC in the 2022 Ontario Budget
- Announcing a Benchmarking Study on Ontario’s Creative Technology Labour Market
- Lowering the labour threshold for annual filing to the Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit (OIDMTC) from $1M to $500K.
- Reducing the OIDMTC queue — now at about 20 weeks — and accelerating processing time.
- Getting a commitment from the Ontario government to keep the OIDMTC stable.
- Getting a commitment from the Ontario government – 2021 Fall Economic Statement – that they will continue to work with us to attract more investment and create jobs in Ontario.
- Providing recommendations contributing to improvements of the Ontario Creates Interactive Digital Media Fund (IDM Fund) and the Canada Media Fund (CMF) programs.
- Instigating the creation of the Phase 2 CMF COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund for the IDM industry.
- Significantly raising awareness of our industry at all levels of governments, and now also in the general public and media with The Lodgge (www.thelodgge.com).