Startup & Up is a joint initiative of the Institute of Communication Agencies, Interactive Ontario and the DMZ at Ryerson University.
The program will match select startups with ICA member agencies for pro bono advertising, marketing and branding support for a time period to be negotiated between the startup and the agency. This support will offer startups the chance to launch a product, project or company with communication strategies that will help them succeed.
• Must have under 10 full time employees
• Must have under $1MM in funding
• Must have a prototype in-market or ready to launch
• Startups may be pre-revenue
• Must be a member of Interactive Ontario or DMZ at Ryerson University
• Finalists must attend a live “matching” event in Toronto in February/March
Stage One Submissions now closed
Following Stage One applications, shortlisted companies will be announced on January 22. These companies will then move on to a live matching event with agencies. This does not guarantee a match – the winning companies at this event will be matched with an agency based on mutual interest. Agencies and startups will then negotiate the terms of their partnership with each other.
Each application must include a video (60 seconds or less) which should include a brief description of your company, product or service, what kind of help you are seeking and a clearly articulated reason why you believe the tailored help of an advertising agency would help elevate your business.
• Free promotion, publicity, visibility and increased awareness for their startup among the Toronto advertising, IO and DMZ communities.
• Opportunity to pitch their company/product/services to senior agency leaders
• Opportunity to receive pro bono branding and marketing communication assistance from leading Canadian agencies