Role: Project Coordinator (Remote, Ontario-based)
Duration: 30 weeks (May 26 – Dec 23, 2022)
Commitment: Full time (35 to 37.5 hours per week)
Deadline to apply: May 6th, 2022
Interactive Ontario (IO) is the trade association representing the video game and interactive digital media (IDM) sector in Ontario. IO’s members produce, commercialize and export interactive digital entertainment and edutainment such as video games, extended reality applications (VR, AR, MR) and eLearning content. IO’s mission is to inspire, unite and enable Ontario’s IDM industry to achieve long-term growth and prosperity. Through advocacy, connections, insights, resources, programs, and building meaningful partnerships with the industry and its stakeholders, IO is dedicated to positioning Ontario as a leader on the world stage
The Project Coordinator will support Interactive Ontario in executing and promoting Interactive Ontario (IO) initiatives. The graduate who will be selected will have the opportunity to hone his or her skills in project coordination and related promotional activities, in the high-growth sector of video games and interactive digital media (IDM).
This role is funded by the Department of Canadian Heritage’s Young Canada Works Building Careers in Heritage program for 2022-23. All applicants must meet the following conditions in order to be eligible for this position:
- Have graduated in the past two (2 years)
- are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
- are legally entitled to work in Canada;
- are between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
- will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with the program;
- are unemployed or underemployed;
- are a college or university graduate; and
- are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with the program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following tasks;
Description of tasks
- Execute IO’s initiatives (Keynotes, Masterclass Mini-Series, Ask Me Anything sessions, and any additional initiatives that will be offered in 2022)
- Support Interactive Ontario during the planning phase of each initiative
- Populate the ClickUp planning software and track tasks throughout initiatives
- Manage and produce IO’s Social Media Content Calendars and Schedule Content (eg. Hootsuite etc)
- Update IO’s websites (InteractiveOntario.com and TheLodgge.com).
- Help moderate IO’s Discord.
- Maintain communication and collaborate with team members and service providers
- Conduct satisfaction surveys
- Write and submit activity reports
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with day-to-day operations, and other admin tasks as required
- Oversee and ensure effective execution of each initiative over their delivery cycle
- Act as the primary point of contact with our internal team and external partners
- Work with our Communications manager to engage with potential participants
The ideal candidate should possess or have experience in the following:
- Demonstrated experience coordinating projects; Experience planning and managing regular events (both virtual and in-person) with multiple stakeholders is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience with promotion, digital marketing, and/or social media management is an asset.
- Knowledge of WordPress, SEO, graphic design, and digital analytics is an asset.
- Recent graduate (2020 – present) of a post-secondary program in Event Management, Project Management, Marketing, Communications, Business or the equivalent is an asset.
- Strong communication skills, ability to organize and lead a meeting, determine the next course of action, and oversee milestones to achieve the desired results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, in order to meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative work style with the ability to build strong effective relationships across teams.
- Strong interest in the business and marketing aspects of the video game and interactive digital media sector is essential..
For more information and to apply, please Click Here
Interactive Ontario is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from under-represented and equity-seeking groups. Join us!