The Black Youth Action Plan (BYAP) works toward eliminating systemic, race-based disparities by increasing opportunities for Black children, youth and families across the province. For the past 2 years Interactive Ontario has been supporting postsecondary education and career development producing Digital Dive and ipprenticeship, Industry-Led Career Initiatives for training, support and work placement opportunities to help Black youth secure high-quality employment and advance their careers in the Interactive Digital Media Industry. Thank you to the Ontario Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services for making this possible.
Thank you to this year’s Advisory Board for their commitment to the success of the Digital Dive and ipprenticeship activities. Their feedback and leadership has increased the impact of our activities by focusing on giving high school participants the opportunity to earn community involvement hours towards their Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
Sponsored by the Government of Ontario
Explore careers in games and interactive digital media while earning volunteer hours toward graduation!
Interactive Ontario’s DIGITAL DIVE is an online workshop designed to support Aspiring Black Gamers, Game developers, and creative Black youth gain valuable career skills learning from Black professionals.
- Immersive worlds and 3D objects
- Web-based virtual reality (WebVR) using Mozilla Hubs
- Game design and development
- Career opportunities in digital media
We are looking for student volunteers to help us create the Digital Dive virtual classroom. Earn up to 20 (twenty) community involvement hours!
- Apply online here
- Complete an online survey about what makes a good virtual classroom (what features you’d like to see in a virtual space for learning i.e. videos, tutorials, live events, etc.)
- Contribute your own ideas, submit 3D or 2D art, Music, or Videos featured in the virtual space for learning
- Participate in one or more of the lessons, tutorials, or learning modules available in the virtual space for learning
- Provide feedback to Interactive Ontario about your experience in Digital Dive’s virtual space for learning
- Black Students who are enrolled in an Ontario high school
- Black Students who can commit up to 20 volunteer hours from January 2021 – April 2021