The Disruptive Design and Digital Fabrication exhibition explores the relationship between digital fabrication processes and social design that increasingly revolve around prototyping and iterative testing. Digital tools are today ubiquitous in academic and community settings, yet engaging with these goes beyond any particular technologically enhanced capacity. In what Katherine Hayles [...]
iLunch – Beginner’s Guide to the Business of Video Games/IDM
October 22 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This month we are launching the new virtual iLunch series. The session will include presentations and Q&As. Please bring your own lunch!
Please Register for the Event to receive the Zoom link.
iLunch: Beginner’s Guide to the Business of Video Games/IDM
Insert Coin Accounting offers insights into what you need to run your Video Game and Interactive Digital Media (IDM) business.
The discussion will focus on the 101’s of cloud accounting and automated payroll of a successful games company considering expectations of Funding agencies in Ontario.
The session will cover:
- An in-depth understanding of cloud-based software for day-to-day bookkeeping
- An overview of project-based accounting for games studios pertinent to funding recipients
- The benefits and ease of use of expense tracking software (no more manual bookkeeping!)
- What you need to prepare for your accountant to file year-end taxes
- What automated payroll options are best for you
- How to account for employees vs. contractors and what this all means
Join us for the Beginner’s Guide to Business with Insert Coin Accounting and level up your company!
Muddassir Mahmood – Partner, Insert Coin Accounting
Matthew Walach, Partner, Insert Coin Accounting
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm – Presentations and Q&A
Presenting Partner: Ontario Creates