Ontario Creates IDM Fund Futures
Taking emerging interactive companies to the next level!
In partnership with Ontario Creates (formerly the Ontario Media Development Corporation), Interactive Ontario presents the Ontario Creates IDM Fund Futures program, designed to take Ontario’s emerging interactive digital media companies to the next level.
If your company is looking to strengthen its capacity in finance, business planning, marketing and more, this program is built for you. This leadership training will help you to grow your great game or interactive digital media product into a sustainable company. Participants will take part in a series of workshops and the iVentures conference beginning in early November. Workshops will run in the evenings from 6-9pm and sessions will be held in Toronto, so selected participants must live in Toronto (or close enough to be able to attend the weekly workshops).
Sample workshop topics:
- iVentures (complimentary attendance – November 6 & 7)
- Business Planning for IDM Products and Companies – November 13 with Sasha Boersma, Sticky Brain Studios
- Funding, Financing and Budgeting for IDM Products – November 20 with Alexei Gavriline, Mobile Capital Network
- Accounting (including incorporation and cash flow) – November 27 with Shannon Lee Simmons of New School of Finance
- Intellectual Property Law – December 4 with Ryan Keller, Stohn Hay Cafazzo Dembroski Richmond LLP
- Marketing for IDM Products – December 11 with Henry Faber, Gamma Space/Toronto Media Arts Centre
- Pitch Training – December 18 with Kevin Wright, The Optimal Pitch
- Graduation celebration and pitching – December 19
- new companies that are led by individuals with less than three years of professional IDM content creation experience
- established companies that are transitioning to IDM content creation from other industries
Participating companies should have an interest in pursuing opportunities associated with proprietary content creation, and have an IDM Fund-eligible project that they would like to produce. Successful participants will be eligible to apply to the Ontario Creates IDM Fund Concept Definition and Production programs upon completion of the program.
Each selected company may send up to two employees from their company and there will be a course fee of $100 per company for those selected to participate. If you have any questions, please email Interactive Ontario’s Program Director Carly Beath at email@example.com.
Apply here by October 3rd, 2018 Applications are now closed for this year’s program. Stay tuned to find out more about the six participating companies!