The Ottawa International Game Conference has announced that the 2016 edition will be taking place from April 24th – April 26th 2016.
Their 5th year will bring a new design and format to the conference. More than 500 game development and design professionals will be in the National Capital Region to participate in workshops, speaker sessions and their first ever public event: OIGC Open House!
Founded and managed directly by Ottawa’s fast-growing gaming industry, the events focus on building business relationships, sharing best practices and continuing to establish the city as an emerging development centre with both international and local speakers, a showcase of games and technologies, and an opportunity for new talent to connect with studios.
Are you interested in becoming a speaker? Do you have unique insights on the gaming industry that can appeal to our attendees? If so, they are interested in hearing from you! To apply, please complete the following form no later than Monday, January 25th at 4:00 pm.
Want to speak but you’re not sure of the topic? Here are a few ideas…
- Game Development Trends (be specific)
- Business/Industry Trends (be specific)
- Game Design (From the artist’s point of view or play mechanics)
- Indie Developers – Trends, realities, opportunities
- New Grads – What to do next
- Seasoned Veterans – Talks geared towards people who have been in the industry for 10-15+ year
- Dreamers – Insights into the next generation of gaming – VR, Mixed Reality, IoT
A few things to keep in mind:
- Finalized talk titles and descriptions will be required NO LATER than Sunday, February 7th, 2016
- OIGC will provide all speakers with hotel accommodations on April 24th and 25th, if needed. International travellers will be provided with additional rooms on April 23rd and 26th, also if needed.
- Most speaker travel costs will be covered by OIGC according to their travel policy, which will be shared with selected speakers
Any questions? Do not hesitate to contact them.