Ontario Creates IDM Fund Futures
Taking emerging interactive digital media companies to the next level!
In partnership with Ontario Creates, Interactive Ontario presents the third edition of the Ontario Creates IDM Fund Futures program, designed to take Ontario’s emerging interactive digital media companies to the next level through business skills training.
If your emerging interactive digital media company is looking to strengthen its capacity in funding/financing, accounting, legal, marketing and more this program is built for you. This leadership training will help you to grow your great game or interactive digital media product into a sustainable company. Successful participants will be eligible to apply to the Ontario Creates IDM Fund Concept Definition and Production programs upon completion of IDM Fund Futures, as well as for a grant open only to IDM Fund Futures participants.
Participants will take part in twice-weekly workshops on Tuesdays and Thursdays from October 22 to November 14 (with the exception of the second week, when sessions will be held on Tuesday, October 29 and Wednesday, October 30). Workshops will run in the evenings from 6-9pm and sessions will be held in Toronto; selected participants must live in Toronto (or close enough to be able to attend the weekly workshops).
- Funding and Financing for IDM Products
- IDM Fund presentation
- Accounting (including incorporation and cash flow)
- Intellectual Property Law
- Monetization Models and Business Development Strategies
- Marketing/PR for IDM Products
- Pitch Training
- Mentorship Night – an industry veteran will be assigned to each company for a one-on-one meeting. The companies will pitch their project and receive feedback from their mentor.
- new companies that are led by individuals with less than three years of professional IDM content creation experience
- established companies that are transitioning to IDM content creation from other industries
- Participating companies should have an interest in pursuing opportunities associated with proprietary content creation, and have an IDM Fund-eligible project that they would like to produce.
Each selected company may send up to two employees from their company and there will be a course fee of $100 per company for those selected to participate. If you have any questions, please email Interactive Ontario’s Program Director Carly Beath at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply below by September 23rd at 11:59pm