- Can individuals or students join?
- If I'm not a member, can I still attend your events?
- If I have my own company and I work for myself, can I join?
- How do I qualify for the non-profit rate?
- How do I join?
- How long is the membership period?
- What does my membership include? What do I get?
- What is a Full member vs. a Supporting member?
- What is individual eligibility?
Q. Can individuals or students join?
A. Membership with io is given to companies or organizations, and unfortunately we don't offer memberships to individuals or students.
Q. If I'm not a member, can I still attend your events?
A. Definitely! You can still attend our events as non-members.
Q. If I have my own company and I work for myself, can I join?
A. If you are your own company (incorporated, sole proprietor, etc.) then you are free to join, but individuals are not eligable for membership otherwise.
Q. How do I qualify for the non-profit rate?
A. In order to receive a non-profit discount on your membership, your organization must be able to prove that you are a registered NPO.
Q. How do I join?
A. You can join by following this link.
Q. How long is the membership period?
A. Your membership covers one full year from the time you register with us.
Q. What does my membership include? What do I get?
A. See our member benefits page.
Q. What's the difference between Full and Supporting members?
A. io Full members are companies or organizations whose business are engaged in the creation of interactive digital media content. This includes but is not limited to -
- Content Production
- Games (Console/Casual/Serious)
- Interactive Advertising/Marketing/Communications
- Mobile/Wireless Content
- Online Magazines
- Social Networking
- Training /Educational Institutions
Supporting Members shall consist of other stakeholders in the new media industry. This includes but is not limited to :
- Consumer Electronics
- Content Security Specialists
- Digital Rights Management
- Funding Agencies
- Government Division/Agency
- Mobile/Wireless Technologies
- Tax Advisors
- Trade Associations
- Venture Capitalists/Financiers
Supporting members will also be entitled to participate in all of Interactive Ontario's programs and information resources but will not have voting rights.
Q. What is individual eligiblity?
A. The individual member contact for each company or organizaton must fulfill the following criteria:
Level 1: President, Owner, Partner, CEO
Level 2-3: Sr. Executive in charge of New Media (or up)
Level 4-5: New Media Division Head (or up)